Friday, July 6, 2012

Sunflower Fairy

I'm back with you again with a fun new Queen Kat Designs stamp by Jaz Higgins called Sunflower Fairy.  Isn't she adorable? I had a lot of fun working with this stamp! 

I wanted to do something a bit different for this card.  So instead of a cardstock base, I used acrylic.  I used Ranger's Snow Cap Alcohol Ink on the entire card, then used several shaded of green StazOn as accent colors.

I double mounted the stamped image so it would stand out from the background and added a few flowers at the corners.



The entire stamped image was colored with Derwent Inktense pencils then blended with an aqua brush.  To give the image a bit of "pop", I added Stickles on her wings and Smooch accents in her hair.



Lastly,  I added a tiny mirror bird, which is nestled in among the flowers.  

I hope you've enjoyed your visit today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails