Sunday, December 4, 2011

Ornament Wreath

Today I have a fun wreath. Shhh, don't tell anyone how simple this is to make. It's our little secret. The wreath itself is made using a sewing hoop with has alternating colors of tulle tied all the way around. It only takes about 30 minutes to make and is also a great way to let the little ones help with making projects.

Now, on to the decorations. I used a set of Basically Bare Stack-a-Bellies Holiday Ornaments and lots of fun techniques. To start, I took an acrylic ornament and inked one side with alcohol inks. Once the ink was dry, I flipped it over and stamped a Santa and snowflakes with StazOn ink.


Next up is a chipboard ornament. For this one, I painted the entire ornament white. Once the paint was dry, I ran it through my Cuttlbebug for a bit of dry embossing. Then I inked the raised portion with red and green Distress Inks.


For the last ornament, I misted the entired piece with Adirondak Color Wash and then with Perfect Pearls mist. While the inks were still wet, I sprinkled on some white and glittery clear embossing powder and then heat set the powders. I also embossed around the edges with a dark green embossing powder. Lastly, I added a felt strip and stitched on some beads.


To finish off the wreath, the ornaments were suspended on monofilament.

Can you believe there's only 21 days left until Christmas? Are you ready?

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails