Monday, February 4, 2013

Heart Plate

I'm gearing up for a fun Valentine's Day, and today I have a fun project with just that theme in mind.  Oh, and did I mention quick and easy too?  

Let's start with our supplies.  I used  red, pink, and black Zig Painty FX markers and a red Zig Photo Signature pen.  The plate is a plastic plate I found at my local dollar store.  You never know what little gems you'll find there, plus they only cost $1, so you can't beat the price. :)



So I mentioned this was a quick and easy project.  All I did was alternate drawing hearts with the red and pink paint pens.  Once the paint was dry (which only takes a few seconds), I added highlights with the black paint pen and the photo pen.


The end results yield an adorable plate for Valentine's Day.  To protect the paint, I would recommend giving the plate a quick spray with an acrylic sealant.  Also, neither the paint nor the acrylic sealant are food safe, so any food placed on the plate needs to be in a wrapper or placed on top of a napkin and not directly on the plate itself.

Thanks for stopping in today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails