Sunday, June 1, 2014

Remember 2 Dream Canvas

It's the first of the month once again, which means it's time for a new challenge at Scrap It Girl. The theme for June is wings, and I have a super fun and colorful project that fits the bill perfectly.  How about a canvas full of mixed media pastes, sequins, and lots of  Unique Laser Designs embellishments. 

So let's get going, and I'll show you how it was done.


I'll start by apologizing because the first picture I took wouldn't transfer from my camera.  However, what I did was lay a stencil on the canvas and apply a light coat of modeling paste with a trowel.  I then let the canvas dry overnight. When the modeling paste was dry, I added lots and lots of color with my spray inks. Just keep adding color until you're happy with the result.  There is no right or wrong on this.


Now, to work on the embellishments.  I added a Glimmer Glaze to a canvas heart and alcohol ink to a set of wings.


Back to the canvas, I added a strip of washi tape to the bottom, lots of sequins along the right side, and a transparency across the middle.  I added a bit of glitter glue to the letter E to make it stand out a bit more.


I finished the heart by stamping a couple of flourishes and adding a layer of glass bead gel medium. then I attached the heart to the wings then attaching a pin and gem to the bottom.


Next up, I added several dragonflies that were colored with Distress Ink.


Lastly, I added a Grungeboard number that was colored with glitter glue and the word dream which was sprayed with Glimmer Mist. Lots and lots of shimmer and shine :)


The finished product is a highly textured and colorful canvas. Now the question is this, where to display it to best show it off?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails