Monday, August 15, 2011

Wall Decoration

I'm back with you again today with another Basically Bare project and this time it's something a bit different for me, wall art. It's always a good thing to crawl out of your comfort zone, and that's just what I did. :)

I started with a wooden heart, covered it with some gorgeous Webster's Pages paper, sanded the paper to create a worn look, then added a bit of ink to distress it further.

Next, I added a bit of vintage lace and Prima flower that had been inked a bit.

And then I was on to the really fun part, adding my Basically Bare dress form and wings!


First, I heat embossed the dress form, slowly building up the embossing powder until I had 4-5 layers. Once that had cooled completely, I ran the dress form through my Cuttlebug for a bit of dry embossing. Do you see all that wonderful texture?

Lastly, I took a set of felt wings, covered them with adhesive and then dipped them in glitter. Everything is better with a bit of shimmer.



Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails