Saturday, February 25, 2012

Heart Of Joy

Is everyone wishing for the end of Winter and the dawning of Spring? For sure I am, and it shows in my current projects. I'm here with you again today with a wonderful Spring inspired card.


I started the background off with a gorgeous paper from Webster's Pages and then stamped the entire background with a script stamp.


Now, on to creating the heart. I spritzed a Basically Bare canvas heart with water until it was thoroughly saturated. Then I used two colors of Gelatos ink and just scribbled the color onto the heart. Then, using the best tool in my scraproom (my fingers!), I blended the colors together. Getting my fingers inky is half the fun!


Once the heart was dry, I layered on two sizes of Basically Bare felt wings and hand stitched them to the heart. The butterflies were punched from a transparency sheet, inked with alcohol inks, then adhered to the heart.

Until next time, keep those creative juices flowing!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It's wonderful!!! Love the springy colors and the gorgeous textrue and dimension!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever techniques = gorgeous card. I'm tempted to go out and find some transparencies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails