Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Party Time!

Welcome back, and boy do I have a lot to show you today!  I have so many friends and family members with birthdays coming up that I wanted to make a fun set of items that I could use.  So hold onto your hats, I have three items that will spruce up the birthday party.

To start with, I have a super adorable gift canister and birthday card.  The canister and card feature Basically Bare chipboard from the Fanciful Frames Set, Celestial Set, and Bird Set .   Now, let me show you how the gift canister was created.




1. To start, I upcycled a plastic canister I was no longer using.




 2. Cut your patterned paper to the size of the canister, then adhere to the  canister.



3. Add a pom-pom trim to the top of the canister.



4. Wrap a piece of contrasting paper around the middle of the canister.  Next, paint the smallest piece from the Fanciful Frames set with a Zig Painty FX pen in black and let dry.  Once dry, add a thin layer of glue around the edges of the frame and then add black glitter.  Must not forget to add a bit of glitter :)



5. Cover a chipboard bird with patterned paper and add a small dot of black Enamel Accents for the eye. Then adhere the bird to the frame.



6. Lastly, adhere the frame to the cylinder and then tuck in a small vine behind the frame.



Next up is bright birthday card.  How cute is this?  Lots of layers of Momenta patterned paper and Basically Bare chipboard.  I used the same technique on the chipboard frame on the card as I did on the canister, just to tie the two pieces together.  The chipboard sun was heat embossed with WOW Sierra Sunrise Embossing Glitter.


And now to the last pieces, three pinwheels.  Every birthday party needs pinwheels, right?



These pinwheels make the perfect party favor!  And tucked tight in the middle of each one is a Basically Bare acrylic button that has been inked with alcohol based ink.



Bring on the next birthday, I'm ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails