Monday, June 4, 2012

Double The Fun


I'm back with you today a fun, whimsical layout!  I was sorting through some older pictures and came across a stack from my twin niece’s first birthday.
I had made individual cupcake cakes for them, plus one for the rest of us to eat.  So of course I thought of using my Basically Bare cupcake embellies on the layout!


I started by heat embossing the base piece with Distress Embossing powder so that it resembles a vanilla cupcake. Since the Distress Embossing powders are very textural, it actually looks like a real cupcake IRL.


Then I used  paint pens in Pink, Lt Blue, and Yellow to color the felt frosting pieces.  Lastly, I used a  paint pen in White to color the cupcake liner piece.  Once the paint was dry, I drew in lines to make is resemble a cupcake liner and then covered it Stickles for a bit of glimmer.


To make it a bit more festive, I cut strips of curling ribbon and adhered it under the cupcakes.


And lastly, I used a chipboard arrow which was painted with a Painty FX pen in Yellow.


Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails