Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Favorite

Welcome back for another fun layout! I'm here with you again to show a page I created using both Basically Bare embellies and Nikki Sivils paper.


The paper was absolutely perfect for the picture of my niece that I used. She is very much a tomboy, so the Messages Collection Kit made it very easy to create this layout. I started by simply using a bit of masking in the bottom corner and then just tearing and layering the papers.


Next, I took three sizes of chipboard gears and painted them all the same base color. Once the paint was dry, I ran two of them through my Cuttlebug for a bit of added texture.


The largest and smallest gears were then inked further to bring out the embossed texture. I added a bit of ink and a button to the middle size gear to make it pop from the page.


Next up, I painted, inked and stamped the large chipboard pennants. Then I layered on a small felt pennant, which was purposely left white for a bit of contrast. There were a few die-cut pennant paper shapes in the Messages Collection Kit that worked beautifully on top of the felt pennants. I simply glued just the top of the die-cut and then slightly curled the bottom.

Lastly, I added a bit of punchinella and washi tape to finish the page.


*Basically Embellies Chipboard Gears

*Basically Embellies Small Felt Pennants

*Basically Embellies Large Chipboard Pennants



*Messages Collection Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails