Monday, May 7, 2012

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Welcome back! Today I have a layout featuring Basically Bare and Paper Loft.



I've been trying to sort through my Grandmother's old pictures and recently came across the two I used on this layout. And of course, the paper and cardstock were perfect for these pictures. I did a lot of distressing on the paper.


Once I had all the papers layered and distressed, it was time to start layering on the embellishments. The first one I used was a Fleur De Lis, which I painted with a white Zig Painty FX Pen.


Then I added a pair of chipboard scissors from the Sew Vintage Set. I fully embossed both pieces with gold embossing powder. Then I added a second layer of embossing powder in green to only the handles to add a bit of contrast. I love how the embellies hold up to all the ink, powders, and paints I throw at them!


And the last pieces I added were the small canvas pennants. I just lightly misted them with Glimmer Mist, then added a bit of faux stitching across the bottom with a Zig Fabricolor pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails