Thursday, May 3, 2012

Card Duo

Welcome back for another cute project! I'm here with you today with a couple of super cute cards. I wanted to show how, just by changing the colors used, the look and feel of a card could be easily altered.

For both cards, I used the same embellishments and design. However, the pink card has a softer Springtime feel, whereas the yellow card has more of a Summery feel.


To start, I inked and distressed the layers of patterned paper. Then using the Holiday Ornaments acrylic pieces, I used white StazOn to give them a frosted look.


Next, I just inked around the edges in either pink or green, depending on the card. I used the same technique on both cards.


My next step was to layer on a bare felt flower and simply adhere a button in the center.


Lastly, I used the Stack-a-Bellies Birds. The two chipboard birds I covered with patterned paper and then spritzed with Chalkboard Glimmer Mist. The felt bird was saturated with Glimmer Mist, then I just ever so lightly inked the edges with Distress Ink.


Basically Bare supplies used:

*Basically Embellies Birds

*Basically Embellies Holiday Ornaments

2 comments:

  1. Cute cards!!! The designs are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgous!! From the Newby SueH
    Love the music! Who is it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails