Monday, April 30, 2012

My Latest Discovery!

So now that I have your attention, I bet you're asking "What is your latest discover?" Well, I just bought a set of 36 Derwent Inktense pencils. They're similar to watercolor pencils, as the color is water soluble. But (and it's a big but, too), when the color is wet, it has the properties of ink, and when dry, is permanent.

So what does this mean? Well, for starters, lets say you lay down a layer of yellow, add your water, and let it dry. Then you add a layer of blue on top. The blue will not mix with the yellow because the yellow has dried as a permanent color. Now, if the yellow was still wet, then yes, it will still mix with the blue because it has not yet become a permanently set color.


I spent the night simply playing with my new pencils trying to get a feel for how they handle. And so far, I love 'em! The colors are so bright and vibrant, as you can see from the card above. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the colors blend together a bit easier with these pencils too. Oh, and if you're wondering about the cute mermaid stamp, it's from Queen Kat Designs. Must not forget about one of my favorite stamp companies.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some cool pencils! I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the info and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails