Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fun Stuff

Today I have a fun layout and a set of ATC's to share, both previously published in Scrapbook News and Review Magazine.

First up is the ACT set. Love, love, love how these turned out! Using watercolor paper and liquid watercolor ink, I added color to the background for each ATC. Then I stamped the background to get a slightly distressed feel. Then, using my QKD fairy stamps, I stamped each image on a piece of tissue paper. Next, I adhered the tissue paper to the background using gel medium. So now you're asking why I used tissue paper. Simple, it's transparent enough that I can use the front or back depending on if I want my images to face right or left. Lastly, I used a gold Prismacolor marker to add highlights to the wings.


Now, on to my layout. The picture was taken last year on vacation to Tybee Island, GA. We took a dolphin sight seeing tour and my niece captured this awesome picture of one of the dolphins playing behind the boat. I purposefully made this a very clean/simple layout so that the picture is what shines through.


Thanks for stopping in today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails