Monday, April 16, 2012

Card Trio

I have been a busy, busy gal today! So far I have six cards completed and a few more in various stages of drying. I can only show you three, for now. The rest are for a future issue of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine.

All three cards that I'm showing today feature Queen Kat Designs stamps and they're all done is a different style.

First up is a fun and funky stamped, layered, and very dimensional card. I love the Cabaret Fairy stamp! She just seems to have this mischievous look, which is fitting since I'm told I have the same look on my face quite frequently.


Next up is a clean and simple card. I had a lot of fun making the background and I didn't want to hide it with a lot of paper or embellishments. I used yellow and green liquid watercolor paint to color the background then used white paint to make the clouds. Then I simply stamped, heat embossed, and cut out the sun image.


Last up is my favorite card of the bunch, which is done is a very whimsical style! I wish you could reach through the computer and feel the texture on this card. I spritzed the background with Tsukineko's Goosebumps Texture Spray, then added several colors of liquid watercolor paint until I was happy with the color. Next, I stamped the flowers and then filled the centers with Enamel Accents. Lastly, I stamped, heat embossed, and cut out the butterflies.


On a side note, I just noticed that my hands have about 50 shades of ink on them. You know what means, right? That you've had a good play day in your scraproom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails