Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Love You

I'm back with you today with a layout featuring both Basically Bare and Clearsnap products!


I started this layout by distressing the edges of the patterned paper, then lightly inking them with a French Blue and Aquamarie Cat's Eye Chalk Ink Pad.


The background color was created using a mixture of Pool Smooch Ink mixed with an equal part of Liquitex Glazing Medium. I then used a dry brush technique and just randomly painted the patterned paper. Then I used the same dry brush technique and painted on a bit of Taffy Smooch Ink.


On to one of my fave embellies, the dress form! I heat embossed the entire dress form with Metallic Copper WOW powder. I then edged the dress form with Bubblegum WOW embossing powder and also heat embossed the wings with the same color. Once the wings were cool, I then ran them through my Cuttlebug for a bit of added texture.


In the bottom corner of the dress form, I used the Glue Gloss on a script stamp and then covered the stamped image with glitter.


And for the last bit of embellishment, I used Snickerdoodle Smooch Ink (again mixed with glazing medium) and painted all of the pennants. Once they were dry, (which took about 24 hours because of the glazing medium) I used a simple back-stitch to adhere them to the layout.

One last little trick I'll share - I used an Ice Blue Cat's Eye Chalk Ink Pad to add a slight highlight around the edges of the pictures.


*Basically Embellies Chipboard Dress Form

*Basically Embellies Large Canvas Pennants

*Basically Embellies Chipboard Wings

*Basically Embellies Felt Blossom



*Smooch Ink in Snickerdoodle, Pool, Azure, and Taffy

*Fluid Chalk Cat's Eye Ink Pad in Ice Blue, French Blue, and Aquamarine

*Glue Gloss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails