Monday, May 20, 2013

Out Of This World

Welcome back!  Today I have a super fun card made using tons of Kuretake inks and Basically Bare chipboard and acrylic.  


Wondering how this card was made?  Well, lets get started and I'll show you.  I started with a 4x6 piece of glossy cardstock.  Using a star stencil and my Zig Emboss Writer, I covered the cardstock with stars.  Then I covered the stars with clear embossing powder and heat embossed the cardstock.


Next, I inked the entire piece of cardstock with Cornflower Blue Kurecolor Ink. The heat embossing on the cardstock will resist the ink, creating a fun background effect.


Next, I splattered a bit of Orange Kurecolor Ink to add another layer of color to the background.


Now, on to the embellishments.  I used my Zig Emboss Writer again to cover the chipboard moon. Then I heat embossed the moon with Wow silver glitter embossing powder. Lastly, I ran it through my Cuttlebug to add a bit more texture.


And with keeping with the same colors, I used my Orange Kurecolor Ink on a couple of acrylic stars.


Now to layer everything together.  I simply punched a couple of holes in the moon and then attached it to the card with a bit sheer white ribbon.  Next I adhered the stars, and then added a few sentiment stickers.


Thanks for stopping in today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails