Thursday, December 5, 2013

Joy Canvas

Today I have a fun mini-canvas project. It's the perfect size to be hung from a door knob as decoration.  Or, If you have that really large gift, it can work as a package tag by simply adding a small tag with the recipient's name.  So let's jump on in, and I'll show you how it was made.


I started with three 4in x 4in mini canvases.  I painted all three with my red Zig Painty FX pen.


While the paint was drying, I cut three pieces of burlap to 3 1/4 in x 3 1/4 in. Once the paint was dry, I adhered the burlap to the canvases.


Next, I painted my chipboard letters with a black Zig Painty FX pen.  These pens make painting so easy.  No brush, no pouring paint.


To add a bit of detail to the canvas, I used a Zig Posterman Extra Fine pen in white to doodle a simple border on two of the canvases.


Next, I adhered the chipboard letters to the canvases.


You know all of my projects have bling, and this one is no exception.  I used my Zig Wink of Stella brush pen in Glitter Orange to add color and shimmer to two chipboard bells.  Just a light coating of ink and they have a magnificent shimmer.  This is my first time using the Wink of Stella brush pen, and I have to say I'm hooked!


Now, we just need to pull everything together.   I added flowers to the corners of two of the canvases, then added the chipboard bells to the remaining canvas.  Lastly, I layered and adhered the canvases to each other and added a bit of ribbon to use as a hanger.


Closer and closer we get to the festive day.  Are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails