Friday, December 20, 2013

Merry Christmas Canvas

We're getting very close to the big day.  Is everyone getting excited?  I have one last project to show you.  Do you remember my Joy Mini-canvas? Well I had one canvas left over from that project, and I think I've come up with something cute.


To start, I chose the paper I wanted to use.  I have some left over dictionary pages from an old project, so I figured it would work perfectly  for this.


I used my Zig 2 Way glue to adhere the dictionary page to the canvas.


Next, I chose my stamp.  I also chose two different markers, one a light green and one a dark green, to ink the stamp.


I used the light green to cover the entire stamp.  Then I used the darker green around the outer edges for shading.


Next, I used a pale yellow pen to add highlights of color around the edges of the canvas.


Next up, I used my Zig Photo Signature pen in Red to add a bit of doodling around the edge and to also add "lights" to the tree.  I chose this pen because of the small point, which is what I wanted for the lights.


Now to add a bit of embellishment..  I added on a strip of pom-pom ribbon.


Now we couldn't let this project go without a bit of bling.  I used my Wink of Stella pens to add additional lights to the tree.  Now, when you move the canvas, the lights will actually twinkle.


To finish the tree, I added a star to the top.  I also used my Zig Writer in Black on a sentiment stamp.


The finishing touch is to add a ribbon hangar and a couple of jingle bells, then a few sequins to act as tows under the tree. I love the sound of bells lightly jingling.  I already know who the lucky recipient of this adorable canvas will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails