Friday, August 1, 2014

Altered Storage Jar

It's the first of the month, which means it's time for a new challenge at Scrap It Girl. The challenge for August is to use arrows. I had fun with this challenge, creating an altered jar to hold my paint brushes. 


I started by simply wrapping a jar with bakers twine.


Next, I painted a chipboard arrow with white acrylic paint, then drew an outline with a black Zig Millennium pen.


Next up, I inked the back of an acrylic text bubble embellishment from JnW Crafts with white StazOn. Next, I colored the edges with a black Sharpie. Then I stamped the sentiment with black StazOn ink.


Once the ink was dry on the acrylic embellishment, I adhered both the arrow and the text bubble to the jar, then added a few flowers on top.


To finish the jar, I added a few drops of Stickles to the flower centers and then added a mini light bulb.


This will make a wonderful, decorative addition to my shelves. And a much prettier way to store my paint brushes. You could also use this jar to store your colored pencils and markers too.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails