Monday, July 11, 2011

Triptych Arch

The first July challenge is up at Better Living Through Scrapbooking! Head on over and take a look at what the Design Team has created and while you're there check out the prize for July. All you have to do to get entered for the prize is get creative and post those creations to the challenge website. Easy, peasy.



Now, on to my project for the first July challenge. This is was the theme:

Make a layout or project about what you want to do – what’s your dream job or what career goal are you working toward? If you’re already doing that job, show why you love it.

For this challenge I wanted to do something a bit different so I created a Triptych Arch. Mixed Media items allow me to express my emotion in my art and the topic for this challenge struck an emotional nerve with me. As a young child, I dreamed of all the high profile, high paying jobs just as any normal child. However, growing up very poor you quickly learn that all it takes to be happy is a job that pays the bills and leaves a few extra dollars in the bank at the end of the month. Currently, I have that well paying job that allows me to pay my mortgage and utility bills each month plus have money left over to indulge my creative side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails