Saturday, November 5, 2011

More ATC's

It's time to share a couple of ATC's that were in the September issue of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine.

This first one I used a lot of Mixed Media techniques. I started with a piece of canvas cut to ATC size and randomly painted the background with a couple different colors. Once that was dry, I used a stencil and some white paint to create the circles. Then I took some red watercolor paint and allowed that to run down the card. Lastly, I took a heart, ran it through a Cuttlebug, then tore it in half and added a game spinner in the middle. Then I coated the entire card with Glimmer Glaze. The spots that been heat embossed resisted the glaze so you can see the original layer of color.


For the second ATC, I used a fun resist technique. Using watercolor paper, I inked the background with yellow and orange ink. Once the ink was dry, I stamped several hearts then heat embossd the hears with clear embossing powder.


If there's a new technique you really want to try out, an ATC is the perfect place to start. It's small enough to practice with so you don't waste a lot of product if you just absolutely hate the result. But the small size can also pack a punch if you love the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails