Saturday, November 12, 2011

Soar!

I was looking at the beautiful display of color Mother Nature has graced us with and used those colors as inspiration for today’s tag.


This tag has a lot going on and I wouldn’t want you to miss any of it. To start, the background was inked using several colors of Distress Inks and a Crafter’s Workshop template then a stamp was added in the bottom corner.


Now on to the embellies. I’ve used two of my Basically Bare gears, the first being the acrylic gear. Acrylic is one of my all time fave mediums to work with. Why? Because there are so many different techniques that can be used! One side of the gear has been inked with alcohol inks and then the other side was stamped with Staz-On ink.


The chipboard gear has been heat embossed with Distress embossing powder in a couple of different shades.

Next up is the key and wings. The wings have been inked with a metallic gold ink and the key was inked with Adirondak Color Wash.


To add a bit of distressing, I pulled up a layer from the chipboard. It just gives a bit more dimension to the gear.

So what are you waiting for? Let’s get those fingers nice and inky! Plus, if everyone is inky, I won’t stand out so much with my orange hands. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails