Thursday, January 5, 2012

Heart Wall Decor

I have to admit that my all-time fave Basically Bare embellie is the canvas heart. Today I have a fun way to use these little gems.


I started by taking a piece of fabric and drawing hearts with my Zig Wink Of Stella in GL. Dark Pink. The Wink of Stella pen gives just a slight hint of glimmer, which was perfect for this project.


Next, I spritzed the pom-pom trim and the canvas heart with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Viva Pink. This will just add another layer of glimmer.


Now, on to the best part. Once the heart was dry, I stamped it with a simple script stamp. Then I simply sewed it onto the fabric using a simple whip stitch. I don't sew much, so I try to keep it simple when I do. Leaving a small opening at the bottom, stuff the heart with fiberfill stuffing. Then finish sewing around the remainder of the heart.


Pretty sure I've said it before, but I'm a huge fan of instant gratification when making projects. So how's this, it only took about an hour to make this project. Wouldn't this make a wonderful gift for that special someone?

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails