Saturday, January 21, 2012

Red and Black

I absolutely love the color combo of red and black! Red is one of my fave colors, and it looks so bold and striking against black. Add in a bit of distressing with the red/black combo and we have a wonderful wall decor piece.


I covered the entire background with a black polka dot patterned paper then added a strip of red polka dot paper to the bottom. Then I took an emory board and distressed the paper.


Then I layered on a crinkled order ticket, a calendar sticker, and a cute little rose bundle.


Next, I added a locket and key from the Basically Bare Lovely Locket Set. I covered the chipboard heart with Distress Stain in Picket Fence. Once it was dry, I covered it with Liquitex Glass Bead Gel Medium. Once the gel medium was dry, I inked the beads just slightly with Distress Ink. To make the "keyhole", I covered the acrylic piece with alcohol ink and then stamped over the ink. Lastly, the felt piece was inked the Tsukineko Brilliance Ink in Galaxy Gold.


With all the color on this piece, I decided to leave the key white so it would stand out. All of the pieces layer together wonderfully to create lots of texture and dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails