Saturday, January 14, 2012

With All My Heart

Now that the holidays are over...oh wait, there's another big day just right around the corner, Valentine's Day. Today I have a fun project that's just perfect for the occasion.


I was searching through the clearance bin on my last trip to the craft store and found this wonderful metal heart. Of course it had to come home with me.


To start, I covered the background with a plastic mirror from Darice. Plastic - which means that if my butterfingers drops it, there's no chance of the mirror breaking or seven years of bad luck. :) Next, I covered the outside edge with a ruffled ribbon then added a few flowers and crystals.


Then I added a chipboard locket from the Basically Bare Lovely Locket Set. I inked the chipboard with Distress Ink, ran it through my Cuttlebug to add a bit of dimension, then inked the raised portion just slightly with a darker ink. I left the felt keyhole bare since the white was a nice contrast to the pink locket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails