Friday, March 2, 2012

Create Canvas

I'm back with you today to jump start March with a fun canvas. I've had a major case of scrapper's block recently, so I thought I'd try something just slightly different to try to get those creative juices flowing again. Guess what? It worked!


I started the background by using Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Acrylic Paints and just slightly blended them together. Then I used a Crafter's Workshop template and Liquitex Gesso to create the circle texture. Next, I added a bit of Tissue Tape and added the color using Gelatos Ink. Then I added a strip of clear punchinella and then painted on the letters.



Now, on to the good stuff! I used Basically Bare Paisleys to add a bit of dimension to the bottom of the canvas. I heat embossed them both with two layers of Bubble Gum WOW embossing powder.

By just slightly overheating (but not burning) the embossing powder, I got this really cool mottled look. I wanted to add just a bit of shine to the paisleys, so I heat embossed a layer of clear embossing powder on top of the pink.


For the finishing touch, I added a couple flowers to the paisleys and used a bit of puff paint around the edges.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely work Jamie, like the puff paint effect.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails