Monday, April 15, 2013

Spring Cards

Welcome back!  Today I have two cards, both colored using Zig markers.  On my last trip to the craft store I found both of these stamps in the clearance bin.  They looked so sad and lonely, so of course they had to come home with me. :)

Sunflowers is the name of the game on this first card.  The petals were colored with a Zig Brushables in Pure Yellow and the leaves were colored with a Brushables in Spring Green. The center of the flowers were colored using a waterbrush and Fabricolor pen in Black. I simply brushed the tip of the waterbrush against the pen nib and then blended the color on the cardstock.  Lastly, I colored the ladybug with a Zig Writer in Pure Red, then used my Wink of Stella in Gl. Clear to add a bit of shimmer.


Next up is an adorable pastel colored card, also colored using nothing but Zig pens.  The tulip and stems were colored with a Zig Brushables in Pure Yellow and the leaves were colored with a Brushables in Spring Green. The dress was colored with an Art & Graphic Twin marker in pink and a waterbrush.  I used the same technique as above to achieve the watercolor effect, touching the waterbrush to the pen nib and then applying the color to the cardstock.

Her hair was colored using a Brushables in Pure Yellow and a Fabricolor pen in Brown, along with waterbrush.  I added the base color of yellow to her hair, the added highlights of the brown.  Lastly, the flowers in her hair were colored with a Fabricolor pen in Cobalt Blue, then highlighted with my Wink of Stella pen.  Love, love, love the Wink of Stella pens!  Subtle glimmer without being over the top.


I hope you've enjoyed my cards today.  Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails