Monday, June 3, 2013

Celebrating Your Graduation

It's that time of year again when thousands of teenagers and young adults will be graduating high school or college and starting a new chapter in their lives.  So what better way to help celebrate the momentous occasion than with a fun card?  


To start, lets gather the supplies we'll need to make this card.  You'll need cardstock, patterned paper, your selected stamps, and the following Zig pens: Art & Graphic Twins, Writer, 2 Way Glue, and a Medium tip Waterbrush.

I used the Waterbrush and the Art &Graphic Twin markers to color the balloons and hedgehog.  I simply touched the end of the Waterbrush to the brush tip of the Art & Graphic Twin markers to pick up the ink, the simply layered the ink onto the stamped image. I then used the fine tip of the brown Art & Graphic Twin marker to create the highlights on the hedgehog.

Then I used my 2 Way Glue Fine Ball Point pen to fill in the hearts on the balloons. I then covered the glue with glitter and set the piece aside to dry.


While the glue was drying, I started on the background of the card. Just a few simply layers of patterned paper with the edges distressed.


Next, I stamped my sentiment with a Black Zig Writer.


How cute is this finished card?!  And did you notice the tiny diploma in its hand?  I just used a scrap piece of  paper, rolled it up, and tied it with a piece of thread.


Congratulations to all of the this years graduates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails