Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Showers Tag

It's officially the first of April, but I promise no tricks today.  Just a bright colorful tag, which is also the theme of Scrap It Girl's April Challenge, which is using tags or bags.  I think the tag design perfectly fits April, as the old saying goes "April showers bring May flowers".  So let's get started, and I'll show you how quickly this card can be made.


I started with simply adhering a dictionary page to the tag.


Next up, I used my Gelatos to add some color to the background.  I simply scribbled the ink on the tag, spritzed it with just a bit of water, then used my fingers to blend the colors.


For a pop of darker color, I lightly spritzed the tag with Color Wash spray.


Once the inks were dry, I used a Zig marker and a Crafter's Workshop template tho create raindrops. Simple so far right?


Next up, I heat embossed a flower using WOW embossing powder and a Stampers Anonymous stamp.


For another added pop of color, I cut out two circles for the flower center.  I used my edge distresser to gently rough up the edges of both, then adhered then to the tag with a crystal brad.


Then I used my Enamel Accents to add a few white highlights.


Next, I added a strip of washi tape to the bottom of the tag.  Nothing too difficult so far :)

Lastly, I added the sentiment and a bit of ribbon to finish off the tag.


So head on over to Scrap it Girl's site and show us how you use your tags or bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails