Monday, April 28, 2014

Smile Necklace Holder

Welcome back! Are you read for a beautiful home decor project using Unique Laser Designs products? Well today I have a project using a simple canvas and turned it into a piece that anyone would be proud to display in their home.  This could be used to hold bracelets and necklaces, or keys, or any other lightweight item you can think of.  So let's get going and I'll show you how it was made.


The canvas I used was 8x8 in size and 3in deep.  Simply paint the edges and partway onto the top of the canvas.  I gave it two coats of paint.  


Once the paint is completely dry, adhere your selected patterned paper.


Using a dry brush technique, add more paint around the edges of the patterned paper.  Set aside to let the paint dry.


To add a bit of texture to the background, I adhered some white ribbon.  Since the ribbon is really wide, I simply cut strips through the ribbon to have varying widths.


Now on to the embellishments.  I chose three dress forms, two of which were inked with Distress Ink and the last was heat embossed.


On the two dress forms that were inked, I also added a thin layer of Glass Bead Gel Medium.  Don't worry that it looks milky right now.  Once the gel medium dries, all you will see is clear mini beads which add a wonderful texture.


Now to start putting everything together.  Once the gel medium was dry, I arranged the three dress forms together then added in a few flowers. I also added in a bird, which I left bare except for a spritz of shimmer spray.  Lastly, I added in the sentiment, which I also left bare.  I thought the bare wood was a good color considering all the other bright colors on the canvas.


The last thing to do now is just to screw in seven cup hooks across the bottom of the canvas.


The hardest thing for me now is to figure out if I wan to keep this all for myself or give it as a gift. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails