Thursday, June 16, 2011

Canvas and Acrylic Embellishments

This card has two of my favorite mediums - acrylic and canvas! Both are easily alterable to fit any theme.


Using the Basically Embellies Canvas Hearts, I rolled the edges into white paint, then dipped it into white glitter while the paint was still wet. Then I used Staz-On to ink the Basically Embellies Acrylic Bird. To make the wing stand out, I took a scrap piece of patterned paper and used Glossy Accents to adhere it to the back of the wing. Since the Glossy Accents dries crystal clear, it's the perfect adhesive for acrylic. Lastly, a drop of Enamel Accents was added for the eye and the birdie is complete.

You might have noticed I didn't add a sentiment to this card. Why you ask? I like to keep a stash of cards on hand in case I need one at the last minute. By not adding a sentiment, it allows me to have a 99% finished card on hand. It only take a few seconds to quickly stamp a sentiment and I'm ready to place the card in an envelope and give it a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails