Saturday, June 18, 2011

Fun With Stamps

This tag was features in the April issue of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine and I can finally share it with you.

I had a ton of fun creating this tag! It's one of the few projects that quickly and easily came together without a lot of second guessing and reworking.


I started by applying a few colors of distress inks on the background and then stamping the flowers, butterflies, and dotted areas. While the ink was still wet, I applied a light coating of perfect pearls to give a shimmer. Next, the dress form was stamped. I stamped a second dress form onto canvas and cut out the skirt and attached it to the tag for a bit of added dimension. Lastly, the beaded trim and lace were added to the top of the tag.

This was a more time intensive project, but the results were absolutely worth the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails