Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy Fall

It’s finally starting to feel a bit like fall here in the south, so I figured a fall inspired card was in order.

I took a piece of Tim Holtz patterned paper and inked up the edges really well. Next I tore a strip of Core’dinations cardstock and crumpled it into a ball. Once I was sure it was wrinkled, I flattened out the paper and then inked it up. The ink will highlight the wrinkles add a bit of depth to the card.


Next I added a couple of Basically Bare gears, once that was plain chipboard and the other was corrugated. The largest, I inked with a bright orange ink from Clearsnap and then randomly sprinkled bits of embossing powder. I purposely overheated the embossing powder to a point where it bubbled just a add another bit of texture. Just be careful not to burn the chipboard. Next I inked the corrugated gear with Smooch Spritz, which gave it a nice metallic finish. Lastly I stamped and colored a pumpkin and added it on top of the gears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails