Monday, October 24, 2011

R.I.P

I created this layout for the second October Challenge at Better Living Through Scrapbooking. Head on over, take a look at the challenge criteria, and get entered for the monthly prize!

This layout has my oldest niece as she was just finishing her makeup. The picture was a bit blurry, but oddly enough, the blur really fits with the Halloween theme.



I found a really fun way to distress this layout: bleach! Who would have thought. I just took a paint brush, dipped it into bleach, and then splattered the bleach onto the layout. Then I took my heat gun and ran it over the spots of bleach to speed up the bleaching process. A very simple technique that adds a lot of visual interest to a layout.

Another thing I really love on this page is the headstones. I simply diecut them using my Cuttlebug and a die. Then I covered them entirely with black Stickles and once the Stickles were dry I inked around the edges with silver and pearl alcohol inks. It really gives an aged look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails