Friday, October 28, 2011

Spiderweb Tealight Holder

I'm always looking for unique ways to use my Basically Bare items so when the idea of turning the pennants into a tealight candle holder popped in my head I had to run with it! And the best part of this project is that it took less than 30 minutes to complete (drying time aside). Which means you could make several of these and turn them into a spidery tablescape.


I used four of the Basically Bare large canvas pennants and stamped them with Ranger's Archival Ink in black. Be sure to use a permanent ink for this project, otherwise the stamped image will bleed out in the next step. Once the stamped image is dry, I inked all four pieces with a watered down mixture of Distress ink reinker and Perfect Pearls. Because the canvas pieces hold a lot of moisture from the inking, I sped up the drying time by tossing them into my dryer for a few minutes.

While the canvas pieces are drying, I made the spider. I simply stamped the spider on white cardstock, heat embossed with black embossing powder, then cut out the embossed image.

Once the canvas pieces were dry, I used a hot glue gun to glue all four pieces together. Lastly, I added a piece of black zipper trim and then the embossed spider.

Note: As this piece is made from canvas and thus flammable, only use with a battery operated tealight candle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails