Monday, September 3, 2012

Cards, Layouts, and an ATC

Today I have a mix of projects that were created for an event last summer between Scrapbook News and Review Magazine and Lindy's Stamp Gang.

First up is a card using a Basically Bare corrugated dress form.  I used the Starburst Color Shot for the base color and then the embossing powder as the top layer of color.  If you could only see how much shimmer and shine is in this product!


Next up is an ATC.  I mixed the Starbust Color Shot into a mixed media gel and then spread the mixture through a stencil to create the background circles.  Then I heat embossed the heart for even more texture.


Love, love, love how this layout turned out!  I flicked Starburst Color Shot ink from a paintbrush onto the background to create the splatters.  Then I painted the hearts with Starburst Color Shot.  Lastly, I added a bit of Magicals to the exposed corrugated areas of the heart just to add a bit more shimmer.


For my last layout, I used Starburst Color Shots and sprayed the color of a stencil to create the background.    Then I heat embossed the frame with two different colors to create a variegated effect.  Lastly, I colored the flowers with Starburst Color Shot ink.


I had an absolute blast using the Lindy's product!  I left all of the products in powder form and only mixed enough for each product.  This allows me to mix the powder to any mixed media gel to create lots of wonderful texture on projects.  It also allows me to vary the intensity of the color by adding more or less powder to my mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails