Friday, September 21, 2012

The Witching Hour

Are you ready for another fun Halloween creation?  How about a fun card using the new Queen Kat Designs Trick or Treat stamp by stamp designer Monika Ptok Byard!

In keeping with the Halloween theme of the stamp, I created the card with a black and orange color theme. And of course I used lots of layers to make the image pop on the card.   And since Halloween is in the fall, I colored the leaves with a bit of orange and green.  Here in the South, we still have nice green leaves on the trees well into late November.



I really had a lot of fun coloring this image! I started layering the pumpkin with yellows and oranges, and then added brown highlights.  The more highlights I added, the more it really started to look like a spooky Jack-O-Lantern.  And the moon is the perfect finishing tough to this stamp.  Shining bright high in the sky, it really gives you that Witching Hour feel.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails