Monday, September 17, 2012

'Staching Through The Snow

Today I have a fun winter project to share.  The weather here is finally starting to cool down, meaning not cold yet but not 100 degrees either.  And it has me thinking ahead to winter fun.

To start this canvas, I painted the background a light blue.  Once the paint was dry, I used a Crafter's Workshop template and stenciled the snowflakes.  Then I splattered ink over the snowflakes for contrast. Lastly for the background, I added a thick layer of SnowTex.  Love this stuff!  I can layer it on thick and achieve a super textured effect.

Both the tree tops and trunks were sprayed with Glimmer Mist. Then I used a brown marker to draw in the tree branches. Next, I added a bit of SnowTex to the tree tops.


On to the 'staches.  I simply covered them both with patterned paper then added a bit of Gelatos to the edges.  I added a bit more Snow Tex around the 'staches to make them appear to be sunk into the snow.  What better way to use a 'stache but as a sled?


With a side view of the canvas, you can really see all the layers of texture.  



And you know I can't make a project without lots of bling, so lets count the number of ways I've added it to this project. :)  Then entire project shimmers and shines.
1.  Glimmer Mist on the trees
2. I added lots of glitter to the Snow Tex
3. Stickles on the word snow
4. I sprayed the entire canvas with French Vanilla Glimmer Mist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails