Saturday, October 6, 2012

Queen Kat Designs Blog Hop Day 6


Welcome to day six of Queen Kat Designs 13 Days of Halloween Blog Hop!  To ensure that you don't miss any of the fun creations, make sure you check out all of the links below.  And, I even have a discount code that is good through October 13, 2012 , which is listed below, that you can use in the QKD store!

Jamie (that's me)


Now, on to my card.  I used the Portrait Of A Fairy stamp by stamp designer Christina Lynn Myers. Today's theme was orange, which I think I managed to pull off, even if I did throw in a small amount of purple and black.

I was going through my stash of stamps and found this one that I had completely forgotten about.  So glad I did too!  It was my inspiration for trying out a technique that I haven't used in a very long time.


What technique would that be?  Mirroring a stamped image, of course.  To create the mirror image, I simply stamped the image on the left directly onto my white cardstock.  Then, I stamped the image again onto a piece of transparency.  Then, I simply flipped the transparency over, lined up the image with the one I had previously stamped on the cardstock, then rubbed over the image to transfer the ink onto the cardstock.  Instant mirror image of your stamp.


I colored the image with my Prismacolor pencils, then added Stickle accents in orange and green.  I added a bit of washi tape under the image.  To finish the card, I used a die to cut out a spider.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute. I may have to try the mirror image technique sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool, haven't heard of trying the mirror technique that way. Your card is beautiful, love the papers you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so loving this hop! I'm learning new techniques and design ideas every day! Thanks for cluing us in on how to get this effect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails