Monday, October 8, 2012

Queen Kat Designs Blog Hop Day 8


Welcome to day eight of Queen Kat Designs 13 Days of Halloween Blog Hop!  To ensure that you don't miss any of the fun creations, make sure you check out all of the links below.  And, I even have a discount code that is good through October 13, 2012 , which is listed below, that you can use in the QKD store!

Queen Kat Designs Blog
Pat
Beth
Vicki
Sue
Jamie (that's me)
Janie
Emily
Kristi
Queen Kat Designs Store


Now, on to my card.  I used the Trick or Treat stamp by stamp designer Monika Ptok Byard. Today's theme was pumpkins, and I had a lot of fun with this one!


To start, I stamped the image on my background paper and only colored the tree limbs and leaves.  Then, I added Stickles on the moon.  While the Stickles were drying, I stamped the image again on to white cardstock and colored it in with my Prismacolor pencils.  Next, I cut our the stamped image, making sure to cut off the limbs since I have already stamped them on the background.


Then, I cut out several layers of "grass" using a grass die and my Cuttlebug.  To create the pumpkin patch, I simply added a couple layers of grass, then added the main image directly over the one that had been previously stamped on the background.  Then, I added the remaining layers of grass and a few smaller pumpkins.

The inspiration for the sentiment was provided by a commercial for Las Vegas that came on TV as I was making this card.  I just couldn't help myself from changing it up a bit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails