Friday, March 14, 2014

Hope & Dreams Canvas

I was at the craft store a few weeks ago and found a pack of burlap covered canvases and had to have them.  Burlap offers such a wonderful texture. I finally had a chance to get in my scraproom and play and I knew immediately what I wanted to use.

We all know spring is right around the corner, so of course I wanted to bring out all the colors of spring on the canvas. So lets get started and I'll show you just how easy it is to recreate this canvas.


I started with my White Zig Painty FX pen. I wanted very clear brush strokes, which is an affect I couldn't achieve with the pen tip.  Easy fix though.  I just held the pen down on my craft mat until the paint flowed out.  I then used my foam brush to apply it to the canvas.


I did the same thing with my Pink Painty FX pen, only this time I added a bit of glitter into the paint.  I can't have a project with out any shimmer :)


You guessed it, I did the same thing with my Light Blue Painty FX pen.  I also added a bit of glitter into the paint again on this round of color.


Next up, I added a few medallions in the lower left hand corner and a punchinella strip across the center of the canvas.


Now, I'm going to set the canvas aside and work on a couple of embellishments.  I used my Yellow Painty FX pen to color a felt bird and my Light Blue Painty FX pen to color the smaller chipboard bird.  Set these aside to dry.


Once the paint is dry, I used my White Chalk Pastel Zig Writer and Black Zig Writer to make the eye for the bird.


Now it's time to start adding the embellishments.  I simply layered on a heart and a floral spray.


As the last steps, I added the two birds, a few more flowers, and the sentiment.


I'm ready for this long winter to be over, and this canvas has all the colors and signs of spring to welcome in the change of season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails