Monday, March 17, 2014

Stars and Coasters

Today I have a really fun project using items from a new company called Unique Laser Designs. Let me just say the quality of the products is amazing, and the selection of designs is quickly growing.  For this project, I made a set of coasters using the stars set.  Ready to find out how these were made? Well, let's get started.


First things first, I adhered glitter to all of the stars and let the adhesive dry before moving to the next step.


Fill your melting pot with UTEE and melt according to the manufacturer's directions.


Once the UTEE is melted, I added  a small amount of clear glitter and mixed it in.  Then I poured just enough UTEE in my mold to cover the bottom of the mold.


Working quickly so the UTEE stays melted, I added two of the large stars to the mold.


Then I poured enough UTEE in the mold to cover the stars.


Next up, I added in three of the smaller stars from the set. By adding the stars in layers, it adds lots of dimension to the finished item.


Finish up by pouring more UTEE in the mold to completely cover the stars.  Now, just set the mold aside for a few minutes to set up and cool.


The last thing to do is simply to unmold the coaster, and it's ready to use. Just as a word or precaution, the melting pot and UTEE are extremely hot and will cause serious burns.  Be very careful around the melting pot and the melted UTEE.


Once cooled and unmolded, you'll have a very unique coaster to wither keep and use yourself or even give as gifts. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails