Monday, August 13, 2012

A Happy Home

I'm back with you again today with an 8x11 canvas.  This canvas was made specifically for Summer CHA featuring Basically Bare and WOW Embossing Powders, and I'm finally sharing with those who could not attend. I can't tell you how much fun I had working on this piece!  I haven't made a lot of canvases, so working on something different really allowed me to play and experiement with different techniques.


Let's start with the background first.  I am very impatient when it comes to waiting for mixed media pastes and gels to dry, so I did something a bit different.  I took several colors of Distress Ink pads and swiped them across the canvas until it was fully covered.  Then I gave the entire canvas a good spritz with water and let the inks run.  I just kept adding ink and spritzing with water until I was happy with the result.  Then, using WOW embossing powders and a Crafter's Workshop template, I heat embossed the circles on the background.



Next, I started adding all of the dimensional pieces.  Using a WOW stamp and embossing powder, I heat embossed a canvas heart.  Then I simply flicked some ink on the heart for a splattered effect.  I found some old letters in my stash which I painted and ran through my Cuttlebug for dimension.



Next, on to the houses.  The green house is covered with layers of Washi tape, and then the edges have been embossed.  The yellow house was inked with Tattered Angels and then heat embossed. The last house on the right is covered with layers of Ranger's Tissue Tape, then a thick layer of Crackle Paint.  Once the paint was dry, I inked over all the cracks with Distress Ink.  And to keep the paint from flaking off, I gave it a good spray with an acrylic sealer.



The flowers were created by stamping onto Clearly For Art Modeling Film,  inked with alcohol ink, and then cut out.  I then heated the film with my heat tool, and while it was still hot, carefully molded the leaves so they had lots of dimension.




Lastly, I added a bit of punchinella and word strips to complete the saying.  The  word strips were outlined with a Zig Millenium pen.

Basically Bare items used:
-Happy Little Houses Set
-Canvas and Felt Heart Set 2

WOW items used:
-Gummy Bear Green embossing powder
-Sour Lemon embossing powder
-Sierra Sunrise embossing glitter
-Gratitude Stamp Set

Tattered Angels item used:
-Yellow Daisy Glimmer Mist

Kuretake item used
-Zig Millenium pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails