Friday, August 24, 2012

Sunshiny Day

Welcome back! Today I an adorable stamp called Owlee by Che Gilson, which is a newly released stamp for August from Queen Kat Designs.



 For the base of the card, I layered a script patterned paper with a soft teal paper.  Then, I used my Cuttlebug and Spellbinders die to diecut the stamped image.  I then added a bit of glitter around the edges of the stamped image just so it would pop a bit from the background.  Lastly, I added a butterfly rub-on, a bit of ribbon, and a flower.



For the stamped image itself, it was colored with...you guessed it, my Prismacolor pencils.  Once I had the image fully colored, I stamped a second image but only colored the bow and scarf.  I then cut out the bow and scarf from the second image and layered them on the fully colored image.  The edges of the bow can be folded up slightly, and the end of the scarf can also be lifted slightly.  Both just add a nice bit of dimension to the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails