Friday, August 3, 2012

Shaped Cards Times Two

Here Ye, Hear Ye!!  Queen Kat Designs is hosting a Royal Blog Hop feturing their royal artists' stamps.  The Royal Stamping Maidens have designed gorgeous, funny, edgy cards, all with the same theme - cards with a shaped edge to them.  As a Royal Stamping Maide, I am one of your stops on the Hop!  If you came here from the QKD blog, then you're on the right path.  If not, please go back to the QKD Main Blog so you don't miss out on any fun, inspiration or prizes! 


We were given four criteria to use for our cards on this blog hop:
-Use a Queen Kat Designs stamp - I used Amy Brown's Leaf Fairy
-The card must have a shaped edge -I used a punch to give the card a scalloped edge
-Use more than three patterned papers - I used four
-Use at least two different embellishments - I used five - a photo corner, ribbon, mirrored bird, flower, and sentiment sticker.



The card is 6x6, which is a bit larger than cards I normally make.  However, I now see myself making more cards this size.  I stamped the image with Archival Ink then colored the  image with Prismacolor pencils.  Love, love, love the pop of the hot pink in her wings!  And just to give everything a nice shimmer, I gave the entire card a spritz with Glimmer Mist.



I love to make shaped cards, so I couldn't stop myself from making a second card!  I used the same criteria on the second card:
-Use a Queen Kat Designs stamp - I used Jaz Higgins's Sunflower Fairy stamp 
-The card must have a shaped edge - for the card itself I went a bit outside the box.  The base of the card is a 6x6 chipboard Basically Bare Oh So Mini Mixed Media Album page and the top of the card is a matching acrylic page, both from the Bracket Album Set
-Use more than three patterned papers - I used four again on this one
-Use at least two different embellishments - I used two - lots of ribbon and the sentiment sticker



To make the base of the card, I simply adhered patterned paper and layered on a couple different papers and the banner sticker.  For the acrylic top layer, I used white StazOn to create a faded edge, then added a bit of pink StazOn.  The two card pieces are held together with ribbon.  The stamped image was again colored in shades of pink using Prismacolor pencils. And the little birdies in the background?  They were all originally black/white.  I used a water brush and Distress Ink to add some color to the birds.




Thanks for stopping by!  Now on to your next stop on this fun blog hop!  In order, here are the remainder of the stops on this fun hop:

BethMirandaVikkiPatStephanieAletha

8 comments:

  1. what beautiful cards. Love them both and love the way you colored them Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card jamie, very very pretty love the colours so warm and lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous times two!! Love the coloring on the Leaf Fairy, and love the ribbon ties on the second!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, two beautiful creations! TFS!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards. The Leaf Fairy is very pretty, but I think I like the Sunflower Fairy best, she is quite cute. Very pretty cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fairy card is so pretty. Wonderful job on both projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a unique idea Thanks for sharing.
    Cindy Horsley

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you enjoyed doing it this way! They look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails