Monday, August 20, 2012

Dos Tarjetas

I'm back with you today to show off a bit of Basically Bare and Authentique!   Today I have dos tarjetas, or two cards, to share with you.

I love the Oh So Mini Mixed Media albums, but I'm not really an album kind of gal.  So, I found another really fun way to use the album pieces - as cards.  All of the pages are 6x6, so they make for a really fun sized card to work with.



For my first card, I started with the acrylic page and used StazOn ink around the edges to create a shadowed effect.


Next, I used Glimmer Glaze on the wings and dress form.  Once the Glimmer Glaze was dry, I added the dress form, a flower, and a few sentiment stickers to the acrylic page.


For the chipboard page, I layered the Authentique paper with a bit of ribbon and punchinella.  Lastly, I inked around the edge of the paper and then used a bit of ribbon to bind the acrylic and chipboard pages together to form the card.


My second card was created in a very similar fashion.  I applied a think layer of acrylic paint to the edges of the acrylic page.  While the paint was still wet, I pressed a paper towel into it to create a really fun texture.


Next, I used three paisleys to embellish the front of the acrylic page.  The acrylic paisley was painted with Glimmer Glaze, ran through my Cuttle bug for texture, then the raised portions were inked with StazOn.  The felt paisley was spritzed with ink, and once dry, I added Enamel Accents dots around the edge. Lastly, I added a bit of Authentique paper, a few crystals, and a mirrored bird to the chipboard paisley.



For the inside of the second card, I layered several sheets of Authintique paper.

Basically Bare items used:
- Oh So Mini Mix & Match Mixed-Media Album - Ticket and Tabbed in acrylic and chipboard
-Paisleys in acrylic, felt, and chipboard
-Dress Form in corrugated
-Wings in chipboard

Tattered Angels items used:
-Glimmer Mist in Yellow Daisy
-Glimmer Glaze in Emerald Cove and Mellow Yellow

Authentique items used:
-Curiosity Collection Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails