Friday, August 17, 2012

Back To School

Ready for another card using a newly released stamp from Queen Kat Designs?  Well, here goes. Today I'm using the Sparrow Fairy stamp by stamp designer Che Gilson.  

The kids here have just started back to school. So when I noticed the messenger bag on this stamp, I immediately thought of doing a back to school card.  My oldest niece is starting her first year of High School this year, so I thought a card might be in order just for an extra bit of encouragement.





I started with a black cardstock base because I really wanted the reds and oranges of the stamped image and cardstock to pop against the background. I even managed to work in one of my fave items - punchinella.  I love using this stuff on any and every project because it adds a fun texture.



For the stamped image itself, I used my Prismacolor pencils and then blended the colors with a clear Prismacolor blender pencil.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails