Monday, July 2, 2012

Bring On The Flowers!

Finally, a year after these projects were created, I can share them with you.  All three of these were created as part of a special event between Scrapbook News and Review Magazine and Petaloo. The challenge was to use the flowers in a creative way.  I have to say, I had so much fun working on these projects!

The first item I created is an 8x8 canvas.  I started by painting the edges of the canvas with acrylic paint.  Then I took a stack of flowers, roughly about 15, and cut them into sections that had 2-3 petals each.  Then I just randomly adhered and layered the flowers. Once all of the petals were on the canvas, I added a very light coating of Iridescent Medium to each of them.  

For the middle section, I used a bit of Tissue Tape and punchinella to create texture.  The butterfly was inked with several different colors of Distress Ink and then I added a thick layer of Glossy Accents.  Lastly, I added a bit of pom-pom trim to hide the raw edges of the cut flower petals.


My next project was an altered stone tile.  I inked the tile with Adirondak ink, then added a bit of black mesh.  The two flowers started off completely white and were inked with several different shades of Gelatos.  To finish the piece, I simply layered on the canvas banner, acrylic heart, and chipboard butterflies.


For my last project, I created a 12x12 layout.  The picture was taken after a night of snow.  And BTW, it never snows in GA! I had the chipboard fence piece in my stash and new it would be perfect for the layout.  And any fence must have flowers and shrubs, so I cut up more of my Petaloo flowers and created the perfect embellishment.  I even saved the flower centers and used those as part of the fence line.


I hope you've enjoyed your visit today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails