Monday, July 23, 2012

Heritage Layouts (Plus A Few Cards)

Today I have another fun set of projects that were completed a while back for an event at Scrapbook News and Review Magazine featuring Donna Salazar/GCD paper.

First up, I have several cards and an ATC.  For all of them, I did a lot of fussy cutting.  I simply fell in love with all the butterflies and had to be sure I used each and every one of them.






Who says heritage layouts have to be dark and colorless?  Sure, I've made several that were not eye-popping with color, but it's also fun to switch things up and add lots of color to a heritage page.  

This first layout is my Mother and Great-Grandmother in 1961.  I simply layered the patterned paper and cardstock, then fussy cut a few flowers.


 Next up is a layout of my Great-Grandmother and my Uncle.  For this page, I punched the edges of the patterned paper for a bit of texture.  Then I added a bit of lace, a flower spray, and some corrugated hearts (which are from Basically Bare) that had been heat embossed to give them a worn, weathered look.



This last layout is my Grandmother and my Great-Grandmother.  And again, lots of color.  I simply layered lots of different sized strips of patterned paper, added a bit of ribbon trim, fussy cut some butterflies,  then added a couple of flowers for contrast.  The flowers were inked with Lindy's Stamp Gang Color Shots, and oh how I wish you could see the glimmer on them!


Thanks for stopping in today and visiting!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous creations Jamie you are so creative what super work Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails