Monday, July 30, 2012

Lazy Summer Days Wall Hanging

Welcome back!  Today I have a fun wall hanging using a few of the new CHA Summer 2012 new release Basically Bare items!

The base for the wall hanging is an acrylic page from the Oh So Mini Stamp Album.  To start, I inked the back of the page with Snow Cap alcohol ink.  Then, I ran the page through my Cuttlebug for a bit of texture.  Next, I added a bit green StazOn to the edges of the page and to the raised areas that were created with the Cuttlebug.  The last bit I added to the background was a bit of orange Kurecolor Ink for a bit of contrast color and then a few strips of torn patterned paper.



Now let's look at how I altered the Basically Bare embellishments.  I started with the felt clouds from the Celestial Set and spritzed them with a bit of water based ink and set them aside to dry.  Once dry, I added a layer of Liquitex Glass Bead Gel Medium, which adds so much wonderful texture to the pieces.  This is one step where you have to have a bit of patience because it takes a couple days for the gel medium to fully dry. For the record, I am not a patient person and was not happy to wait so long to get back to this project, but the end effect is definitely worth the wait. :)



The next thing I added to this project was the mustaches from the Hats and 'Staches Set.  I covered both of the mustaches with patterned paper, inked the edges, then added a bit or Rock Candy Stickles.  By flipping the mustaches upside down, they make perfect tulips.  I then added a bit of May Arts leaf ribbon to complete the flowers.


To finish this piece, I added a few beads and bells to the bottom.  Now, not only do I have an adorable wall hanging, but it also give a soft jingle when a breeze happens by.



Thank you stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails